A glowing skin means that you are well nourished and are healthy. The skin is the largest organ of the human body and it goes through a lot to protect our overall health. The skin has to combat harmful sun rays, varying weather conditions, scrapes, pollution, age, poor dietary habits, stress, and smoking, as well as many other environmental conditions. There are many over-the-counter products to help make the skin radiant; there are salons that provide skin services; and there are treatments that use cosmetic and pharmaceutical procedures to give you a glowing skin appearance.
Simple Home Remedies
There are also home remedies that can give you a glowing skin look instantly. For that nice sense of touch, that also feels smooth and looks healthy, try some of the following, natural home combinations that create a beautiful, glowing skin:
- Yogurt and Honey – when you mix honey and yogurt, their marriage makes your skin look effulgent. The ingredients to make this cream for your skin, includes honey or raw milk, and a gram of flour. Simply apply it and leave it on for 15 minutes, then wash it off with warm water. This combination further exfoliates the dry skin cells, leaving skin that glows.
- Olive Oil – just a couple of drops of pure olive oil on the skin each day, refreshes and hydrates the skin, without leaving any greasy residue.
- Coconut Oil – coconut oil is a skin’s panacea special effect. It repairs skin cells and makes it glow; it softens the skin texture; smooths fine lines and wrinkles; moisturizes the skin; and protects the skin from microbial infections.
- Banana and Egg White – to have your skin glow instantly, then half of a banana, an egg white, and plain yogurt combination is your go to home remedy. Celebrities are known to use this combination when they need a really quick, glowing skin appearance. No, it does not leave any odors!
There are many homemade remedies that help to give your skin a natural glow, and many of the products are right in your refrigerator or on your food shelf. Another skin lightening method that guarantees a healthy, radiant sheen to the skin, is body scrubs. Scrubs for the face and the whole body, help to exfoliate and slough off dead skin, and rubbing it on your skin, helps to boost blood circulation and increases the blood flow to the skin’s epidermis. Natural body scrubs actually, just feel good, plus they smell great and can lift your mood, all while giving your skin a lambent ambiance that people will notice.
- Lemon and Sugar Scrub – this combination is one of the best forms of exfoliation to soften, smooth, and freshen the skin. Use granulated sugar, lemon juice, olive oil or sweet almond oil and mix them thoroughly to create a scrub that moisturizes and leaves your face and body, gleaming.
- Oatmeal Scrub – for an instant glowing skin that everyone will admire, begin by cleansing your face and body with a loofah or exfoliating cloth which will open up your pores and introduce an oatmeal scrub to a skin that will quickly absorb the ingredients. The ingredients for an oatmeal scrub, includes olive oil; white or brown sugar; ground oatmeal (or coffee grounds); essential oil drops of wonderful smelling oils. This combination can be stored for up to 3 weeks in a dry area.
- Lavender and Vanilla Scrub – lavender fragrances are very calming, then when you add vanilla oil and Vitamin E oil, you smell like you just walked out of a high end spa or salon. These natural ingredients further provides the skin with antioxidant protection and nourishment. All of these organic or natural body scrubs, will help renew your skin’s surface, to reveal smoother skin that glows with excellent health. Since these ingredients are natural, there isn’t any risk of bad reactions or allergies.
Keep A Basic Daily Routine
In order to have and keep a light skin, there must be a daily routine. Dermatologists and beauty experts call basic skin care routines – “CTM,” which stands for cleansing, toning, and moisturizing. A week long skin routine must be followed to remove impurities from the face and the body, so that your youthful skin can shine forth. During each morning regiment, each week, use a gentle cleanser that you can make up yourself or buy over-the-counter. Follow this up with a toner that gently cleans the face and body from remaining oils on the surface. End your routine with a gentle moisturizer.
At night, continue to follow a face and body cleansing routine. Apply a homemade scrub or a toner, identified above. Following a good night care regime is a great lead-in to a lustrous skin appearance. Using fruit masks leaves no chemicals, nor is it a harsh solution for the face and the skin. Also, drink lots of water or even fruit juices, so that your skin is repaired inside out. Remember to remove makeup for your nighttime regime. Before the week is out, your skin will show a difference in the texture, which will look radiant and healthier. After all, a well hydrated body promotes a healthy, glowing skin.
Make-up For Brighter Skin
Makeup artists and doctors applaud the many natural radiance creams that are manufactured today. They recommend that if you want to use over-the-counter lightening creams like these, choose those that contain Vitamin C and Vitamin E, to clean, regenerate, and renew the skin. Both vitamins within facial and skin creams, works both on the dermis level and the evidence is shown on the epidermis surface to do away with aging or dull skin. There are also make-up products that actually place a primer or illuminating foundation to the face, neck, arms, back, and legs. These products are non oily and are designed to nourish the skin, rather than cover it up.
An example of an easy make-up trick for a glowing skin, is to use aloe vera gel and mix it with a light hydrating cream to balance dry spots and bring the skin quickly to a highlighted life. Also, use a moisturizer that contains fruity ingredients that bring the skin’s surface to a shining aura, especially when the fruit content is grapefruit. A good idea is to also use a moisturizing foundation with coated pigments and which contains the mineral sericite, because this combination diffuses light rays and actually makes all skin types glow.
Mother Nature has further produced natural plants that have been used for centuries to heal and improve conditions of the skin. Glowing skin is achieved through the use of herbs, that include:
Herbal preparations have been used for years by men and women as a facial and skin care treatment solution. These and many other herbal solutions tone and moisturize, when used regularly, giving way to a glowing skin appearance. They are great for all skin types because they nourish and they are not harmful to any skin type.